Blog BlogLovin Instagram Pinterest

Monday, June 2, 2014

Back to Work

Well, friends.  I can't believe it, but I blinked and 16 weeks has come and gone, and tomorrow I return to work.  People have been asking how I feel about it, and honestly I have mixed emotions.  Part of me is happy - I have a great job, I like what I do and I love the folks I work with.  It will be nice to get back in the swing of things.  The other part of me is really sad because I am sure gonna miss hanging out with my babies all day and also because I have to wake up early, shower and put on real clothes every day instead of hanging out in my yoga pants looking a hot mess.  Except for the days when both are crabby, I don't think I'll miss those days (sorry, Carney).  I know I will be a wreck tomorrow because I got all weepy tonight when I put Craft and Lilly to bed.  I've been talking to Lilly about how Mommy won't be with her all day anymore, and that she should be a good girl for Carney and Aunt Syd and that she will have to be their big helper with Kinsley and Craft. I'm sure both of my kids will do fine (I know there in great hands!) and have so much fun that they won't even realize I'm not here!

I actually had a trial run on Thursday when I took a day trip to DC for a meeting, and it was a complete disaster so who knows how tomorrow will go.  My flight wasn't until 10:45am and I still couldn't get my ish together to get out of the house on time and was worried I wouldn't make my flight.  Luckily, I made it to the airport just in time only to find out that my flight was delayed - which was fine, except it meant that I arrived to my meeting literally 2 minutes before it started but I had to pump, so I missed the first part of it (side note: I am definitely not looking forward to all of the pumping that will have to happen from this point forward).  My meeting ended at 5:30 pm and my return flight wasn't until 7:30 pm, but I underestimated the horror that is DC traffic and was closer than I'd like to admit to missing my flight home.  It was stressful and I rewarded myself with an enormous glass of wine!  The kids appeared to have had fun with Daddy, at least.

Anyway, I hope tomorrow is a lot less stressful and runs more smoothly.  And to any of my co-workers who may read this, sorry in advance if I cry all day.  The waterworks will hopefully slow down by the end of the week.  :-)  

My last weekend before my return to work was busy but wonderful.  On Friday night, Dan had to work late and Aunt Syd went to Charlotte for the weekend so it was just the kids and me.  On a whim, I asked Lills if she wanted to take a bath in the kitchen sink and she thought it was the best bath ever.

Craft thought it was pretty funny, too.

We were stoked when we found out that Daddy didn't have to go back to work on Saturday!  We spent the morning at the pool.  Lilly LOVED it and spent all morning jumping to Dan, I was so surprised and proud.  I thought Craft might hate it because the water wasn't warm (it wasn't cold either, to be fair, just not warm) but surprisingly he loved it as well.

Hello, Ladies!  Thanks to Auntie Mere for the cute swim shirt.

All of the fun wore sweet C out.

After the pool, we headed home for naps.  I don't think Lilly slept for very long, but Craft did for once so Mama was able to squeeze in a short nap, too, and it was glorious. Saturday evening there was a crawfish boil in the alley behind our house that one of our neighbors puts on every year.  There was even a  live bluegrass band!  The kids had all had a blast, and we ended up putting all of them to bed and staying outside drinking too much chatting until almost midnight.  We had so much fun.  We love our neighbors!

Lilly wanted to wear the dress that Aunt Nae Nae made for her.  She loved it and kept talking about her pretty dress from Aunt Nae Nae!

All of the fun wore C out again. 

The setup

All of the kiddies breaking it down

Such a good dancer!

He's awake!

Love these two

Mama's sweet boy

This morning, everyone slept in a little and then we all had some family snuggles in Mommy and Daddy's bed.  It was my definition of heaven.

Even Layla got in on the snuggling action!
We hung around the house and played this morning and then the rest of the day was spent getting ready for the week.  We went to the farmer's market, ate lunch outside, and then during nap time Dan and I cleaned, did laundry, cooked and got a few other chores done.

"Mommy, I want to take Baby Grace for a walk."
Lilly's first pony tail!  Isn't it hilarious darling?!
Lills thought she was hot stuff, and all day any time she saw someone she said, "Hi look at my bunny tail, isn't it pretty?"
Sampling blueberries, strawberries and peaches at the Farmer's Market.

Awake one minute...
…asleep the next.  So cozy.
I love this photo of Lills and Baby Grace playing in the yard.
Picnic lunch.
The past two Sunday evenings, we've taken all of our yard toys out into the alley behind the house and set up a little mini play area for the kids and grilled out with all of the neighbors.  We also had cookie cake tonight in honor of sweet Emerson's birthday.  It's so much fun to get everyone together and hang out!

So, that's what our weekend looked like!  Hope yours was great, too.  I'm off to get bottles ready and then heading to bed soon after to get ready for the big day tomorrow.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! Hope the day goes smoothly and pumping doesn't turn into too much of a chore.

    Love the pics of Lilly dancing! and fun neighbors :-)


More from The Baum Squad:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...